Thursday, July 9, 2009

His Royal Highness


Everyone wants to be the king of something. We want to be the best. We want all the attention. We want fame. We want celebrity. If we can't get it ourselves, we want to be closest to whomever has it. We want to know it; be right next to it. If we can't be Beyonce, we want some connection to her. "I used to live on the same street as her second cousin's step sister's niece." "Well, I go to church with her first grade dance teacher's grandson's landlord." "Well, this one time....." We all want to gain from someone else's fame, someone else's worth.

You think I am, but I'm not judging though. I do it too. Let me give you a little background on the Famous One who I know:
Like I said, everyone thinks they're the king, but I know the King of all kings (Rev. 19:16, 1Tim. 6:15). If you want to meet Him, I can introduce you (John 3:16; Rom. 6:23; Rom. 10:9). He makes appearances all the time! Actually, He's always around. You can't see Him? No, He doesn't use a disguise, it's just that many don't see Him because they've forgotten what He looks like because they haven't spent time with Him in a while. Others just refuse to acknowledge his presence, nevertheless, He's here. He's real cool too. Real approachable dude, unlike most celebrities. Even though He has the whole universe in the palm of His hand, He doesn't mind chillin with the common folk. You know, the people that most don't have time for, He's never too busy. He has a special place in His heart for those who are rejected because He, Himself, was rejected, made fun of, insulted, hated, persecuted...you name it. He still loves everybody though. He's a real "down-to-earth" guy.

You think Michael Jackson was the hardest working? My King NEVER sleeps (Psalm 121:3). You think Michael Jackson was generous? Yeah, he gave money, time, even donated blood. But when was the last time MJ gave his life to save your soul (Matt. 20:28)? You think Bill Gates is wealthy? How about Oprah? My King is the source...of ALL of it! (Psalm 50:10; 2Cor. 8:9).
Most importantly, He's a family guy. He loves His children...to death. You want a role model? A famous person to look up to? One who won't end up killing his girlfriend, cheating on his wife, getting a DUI, or overdosing? He's the One. Won't ever let you down. Never disappoint.
Get like Him (
Eph. 5:1).

No, I'm not His third cousin removed, from a great great uncle by marriage. No, I'm not His half brother's stepniece, whose father was adopted by a great great great grandmother, whose cousin on His mother's side.....He's my Daddy! I'm an heir to the Throne!

You already know His name. Recognize His Royal Highness.

1 comment: