Monday, January 12, 2009

Unashamed




For a while, I've been kind of chill about my relationship with God. I've never been one to talk much about it, that is, with people who may be unbelievers. It's mostly because I think that professed Christians tend to have a bad rep, especially in the college setting. College is a very social space and I guess I've always been one to try to show the world that it is possible to serve the Lord and still be able to live life and have fun doing it. Some people are immediately turned off when they learn that someone is a Christian. They feel like they can't be themselves, or they feel like that person will try to force their beliefs on them. I've always tried to combat that by being chill, and then later telling people more about myself and how I love God. I just want them to be comfortable and able to be themselves. But I have learned that I don't have to shield my relationship with God, who is the best friend anyone on this earth could ever dream of. Unbelievers should feel uncomfortable when certain things are done or said. I'm still the same person regardless. I can't save them anyway. I can only love them unconditionally (as hard as it is) because somebody loved on me (and still is) until I got my act together. God's gonna do what it do and handle His. You never know, someone may be looking for a light in the midst of all the darkness, but since I'm trying to blend in, they can't find me. So you know, my prayer is that everyday, my light gets brighter and brighter, and that God handles His business anyway He wants. I just want to be available.

Photo Credit: Sydnee Mela

No comments:

Post a Comment