Friday, December 3, 2010

Reality Check

Lord, teach us (especially women) to know who we are in You. You would NEVER call us ugly, stupid, worthless, useless, or any other -less. Thus if it's not from You, then it's a lie, and we know where lies come from. Help us to recognize this and recognize You, when we look into the mirror and experience the reflection of today. In Your matchless Name, Amen.

I am in the process of getting to know myself. Not the self I was used to being, but the self God intended for me to be. It takes a measure of faith to even get to this point. Everyday God is revealing a piece of the woman he designed so intricately to resemble Him. Everyday He shows me me, and it only drops my heart into a deeper love with Him.

So STOP! You are NOT ugly. That is ridiculous. You are NOT stupid. That is ludicrous. You are NOT worthless. That is a lie. You are NOT useless. That is impossible. Know God and you will know YOU. You matter to Him, and you matter to me.

In reality, you're BEAUTIFUL and He loves every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment